Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Are You Grateful For?

Even during our darkest days we  have so much to be thankful for.  God has definitely blessed me and my family.

Teaching bad habits early!

When I was diagnosed with cancer almost 18 years ago, one of my first goals was to live long enough to see my children graduate high school.  For my youngest, that was  8 years away.  Not a lot of non-Hodgkins lymphoma patients live that long.  But I can tell you today, that all three children have graduated college and are all married.  Three weeks ago, Gwen and I were in Houston to enjoy the birth of our first grandchild.  Last week we returned to babysit while Momma go out for the first time.

In June, 1993, I never thought about a "bucket list" per se, but there were definitely milestones I wanted to reach in this life and I am so grateful that I have greatly exceeded all of those expectations!

When times are tough, don't let yourself stress too much, or become depressed.  Rather, spend your time counting your blessings.

A "bucket list" is a good thing.  We all need to have goals and dreams.  Create, or update your list, then start celebrating as you check out the items on the list.


Cash Aaron - Our latest blessing!

1 comment:

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com