Thursday, August 5, 2010

Count Your Blessings!

It's easy to take life for granted.  For some of us, it takes facing a life-altering challenge to wake us up!  I don't take the small things for granted today like I once did.

Are you able to walk on your own?
Can you feed yourself?
Do you have a job?  Even if you don't, do you still have a roof over your head?
Are you healthy?  Are you kids healthy?
Is your car dependable?
Do you have close friends?

If you can answer 'YES' to all or some of these, you have something to be grateful for.

I have 6 arthritic spurs in my left knee and I haven't been able to straighten my left leg for 15 years, at least.  When I get up in the morning, I limp around like someone with a major leg injury, but soon I'm moving with less pain.  A few hours later, I'm running up and down the basketball court (although it's not a pretty sight).  I am so thankful that I can still play the sport that I love.

At 51, I had to give up basketball, because my knees hurt so bad.  Then I went to Sanoviv for 2 weeks of detox.  After years of cancer treatment, they told me that my liver was in very bad condition.  If I hadn't gone, I would not have known until I had a full-blown disease.  Little did I know that with proper nutrition such as USANA and a great detox program, the inflammation from my arthritis was gone and I was able to take up my favorite sport again at 53.  Most of the other players are 16 - 35 years of age.

It's never too late to take charge of your life and health and make changes that greatly improve your quality of life.

Celebrate the 'small things' in life.  Life could be so much worse!

No comments: