Friday, August 20, 2010

Do You Have Any Bad Food Habits?

I do!  I love ice cream in particular, but I love all kinds of desserts.  When I went to Sanoviv, I learned that cancer feeds off of sugar.  I definitely had to cut back, but I'm not strong enough to say "No more desserts!" 

Sanoviv teaches you that your diet should consist mostly of raw fruits and vegetables, at least 50% and more like 60% to 70% of your diet.  I have to confess.  For 2 years afterwards, I did really good with my diet, but I have reached the point that salad just doesn't sound good.  What we do eat a lot of fresh pico de gallo.  We make it fresh on a weekly basis and I eat it with avocados, chips, etc.

A Sanoviv nutritionist gave me a goal and it went like this.  We have 21 meals a week.  If you can eat good, raw foods and low glycemic foods, for 15 - 16 of those meals, you have done well.  When it's broken down like that, it's not so bad.

When it comes to desserts, I try to limit them to weekends.  Before, I had ice cream almost every night of the week.  And, I can tell you that the USANA Reset package really helps you in cutting the carbs and sugar cravings.  After a week on the Reset, I didn't want any sweets, which is a good thing.

The problem is that I stay beat up and bruised, because I keep falling off the cart!  We just have to do the best we can and try to improve our habits a little at a time!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: