Monday, October 18, 2010

Time Flies!

Do you remember when you were in grade school and your parents take about how time flies?  My parents did and I just couldn't understand what they were talking about.  Especially, during the summers.  My parents were very strict.  We lived in a rural area and I wasn't allowed to get away on my bicycle without them knowing exactly where I was going and how long I would be gone.  Typically, it was never more than 2 hours at a time that I could be gone.  Instead, I had chores to do around the house--burning the trash, painting fences that my Dad welded, etc.  The summers seemed to just drag, and drag, and drag.

But how time changes as you get older.  It's hard to believe that most of October 2010 is already gone.  Before we know it, it will be Christmas, then 2011.  If you don't put an event on your planning calendar, you probably aren't going to be a part of it.  Time becomes a very precious commodity as we grow older.  For one thing, you start seeing your high school friends becoming very ill, or dying.  That's a WAKE-UP CALL!  That type of news can make you very depressed and you can start dwelling on how little time I have left, or "What is around the corner for me?"  But don't do that!

Instead, embrace the moment!  Be thankful for each day.  Tell those that mean so much to you, just how important they are.  Remember those goals that you have and put everything into getting what you want!  We have no guarantees in life.  You may be that person that lives to their late 90's, or you may not have much time left, because of health problems, or just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  We can waste a lot of time worrying about what might happen, or we can live each day to it's fullest!  What's your choice? 

No comments: